PDA

View Full Version : ~ * Most Popular Pets * ~

baywatch babe
04-20-2002, 04:25 AM
I am doing a Survey on pets, as a project for school. I need to know which pets are most popular with you all out there. I keep a dog named Chubby. I love dogs. What about you? Please fill in the poll or reply. Thank-you! :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D

Pam
04-20-2002, 06:30 AM
This will be a tough poll for a lot of us. I for one can't just choose one, so I couldn't vote. :( I'm sorry. :(

lbaker
04-20-2002, 07:17 AM
Could you pick one child over another? Don't think so with the critters that share our lives either. Sorry.

04-20-2002, 07:58 AM
This is the most difficult question !!! I love all pets too ; every kind has its own great side !!
But maybe I can tell you why we chose for a cat ???:confused:

Well ? I'm not working anymore because I have to much health-problems . Because both our kids are at school all day and my hubby works late always , I decided I needed a companion . I then chose for a kitten . Why ?? Well a cat is very independent and the only thing a cat needs is much love and caring . I mean it is not necessary to go and walk around the block every day . Dogs do need that !!!
So now we have a lovely great purring indoor cat , named Sydney ! He keeps me company all day , gives me so much love that I love him as if he was a child of mine !! The only extra work he gives me is that I have to refresh his litter-box regularly , but that is no hassle !
I hope I helped you with this !!!!

ps. we also have a little bunny Billie , but it's my daughter's pet , so she takes care of it !

Logan
04-20-2002, 08:32 AM
I have 4 different kinds of pets in my house. I can't give you just one answer :( so I was unable to vote. But if it will help, I'll tell you something special and not so special about each "type", and maybe that will help you in your report at school.

Dogs: I have big, lovable dogs. They respond to my daughter and myself in ways that the other animals don't. They can travel in the car with us, love to go hiking and swimming, and even though they are large, they still think they can fit in your lap. They are anxious to please you, and want to be with you as much as possible. Dogs are true, loyal friends! The only thing I would change about my dogs if I could is to have them not enjoy barking so much! :o I will always have a dog or two, at least! :)

Cats: I have two beautiful cats too. Their personalities are very different. I think cats are wonderful pets because there is nothing more enjoyable than having a purring, snuggly kitty in your lap, or napping by your side, especially when you're feeling blue. We only have one like that! But the other one enjoys life so much, its hard not to love him just as much! He's playful, makes a game out of just about anything he can get his paws on, the wagging of the dogs tail, a plastic ring off the milk jug, a piece of dog food that has fallen on the floor, etc. Cats are independent, so you are less likely to feel so guilty if you have to go away for a day or so. The thing I would change about cats if I could is that you could "train" them as easily as you can a dog. But cats, at least for me, aren't the least bit interested in obedience!! I sort of like their arrogance, as a matter of fact! I will always have at least one cat! :)

Birds: I have two of those too!! LOL!! We are novice bird owners, having gotten our first Cockatiel about 3 months ago. What a joy he has been! He's smart, he's beautiful, and very social! He wants us to be in the room with him constantly, and sings lovely songs and is anxious to learn to "talk". Birds have long lifespans, much longer than dogs, and in many cases, longer than cats too! These birds can really be lifetime companions! Birds require a lot of attention, even more than I anticipated. And they can be messy. But to me, the good outweighs the bad.

Hamsters: We only have one of those now. :( And there is nothing cuter than that little fuzzy ball of fur. I prefer a hamster over a gerbil or rat because they don't have long tails. Nothing wrong with long tails, just that it has never appealed to me! Hamsters are curious, active and love to get out of their cage and explore (sometimes when you don't know it :eek: ). They love life, love running on their wheel or in the exercise ball and really prefer to be alone, rather than in the company of another hamster. The problem I have with hamsters is that their lifespans are too short, and it is just heartbreaking to lose them after 2-3 years. :( We probably have our last hamster for that reason.

So, after saying all of this, we have found such a perfect combination of pets, and each one gives us something back. We're lucky to be able to have the combination of pets we have and that we have the time to enjoy each one of them. The cats and dogs get along beautifully. Everyone is happy here, so they don't try to escape. Life is good!! :D

anna_66
04-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Ok, like most people here, this was kinda hard. I love All animals! But right now I only have dogs, so that's the way I voted!

AmberLee
04-20-2002, 11:16 AM
:confused: Very confused -- but, sadly, that's normal for me, so let's soldier on ...

I voted for several animals that I like on the list above. Were we only to vote for one? In that case cats: they fit my life today, although there are many other wonderful animals out there. (I wasn't really sure if this was a 'one only' vote, or many so decided to try for many and it worked.)

[Note: To really gum up the works, my favorite fantasy pets include elephants, polar bears, and telepathic flying dragons, too. I really missed the dragons on your poll. :D ]

AmberLee
04-20-2002, 11:21 AM
PS: If this is to be a 'one only' vote, do you need to know which of my 'extra' votes to back out of the poll?

Sigh: back out one horse, panda, dolphin, and kangaroo.

Rottie
04-20-2002, 11:27 AM
I love my kitties, but I had to vote for Doggies! :p

Randi
04-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Even though I like all animals, I'll vote for the cat, that is my absolute favourite animal. I like their independance - in fact everything about them! :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-20-2002, 09:34 PM
I voted for cats. I have three of them and as my user name implies I'm just crazy about them. My cats mean much more to me than just being a typical pet. They are my children and my family.:D

zippy-kat
04-20-2002, 09:38 PM
I didn't vote...Sophie did. ;)

gini
04-20-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I didn't vote...Sophie did. ;)

Miz Sophie, parsley was not on that list and it isn't a pet..........:D :D :D

zippy-kat
04-20-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by gini

Miz Sophie, parsley was not on that list and it isn't a pet..........:D :D :D

LOL http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif LOL