PDA

View Full Version : my lay-off is almost over!

davidpizzica
03-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Great news! My lay-off time is almost over. The boss called and told me that weather permitting I'll be going back to Longue Vue on March 13th. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I missed the golf course!!

Corinna
03-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Are you going to be able to work at the Salvation Army also?

davidpizzica
03-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Are you going to be able to work at the Salvation Army also?
Corinna, Originally I thought I could work both jobs, but they're both physical labor jobs and at 57 I could be over extending myself. I think working at the golf course will be enough for this old boy!

jenluckenbach
03-03-2006, 06:22 PM
AH! That must mean spring is almost here! :D

Laura's Babies
03-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I know what you mean David... we oldies but goodies need to pace ourselves or we will wear out far to fast!

DugansDad
03-03-2006, 10:40 PM
David,
I know what it is to do heavy physical work. I have done hardwood flooring installation and sanding for the past 22 years. Throw in 2 major cancer surgeries (11 years ago) and recently with lower back surgery (July 2005). I am 47 and 6'5". I keep looking for an employee who is about 2'11". :D I have done the 2-3 job at a time thing and it is no fun. But you do what you must. I am presently pursuing other avenues that will allow me to get out of the flooring business and save the body before it wears out. Good Luck back at the golf course. We had a business associate back in WA that had a 9 hole course. He was 86 when he gave it up!

Best Wishes,
Tim

moosmom
03-04-2006, 07:47 PM
I never thought I'd be saying this, but I missed the golf course!!

:eek: :eek: Spring is in the air! WOOHOO!!! 'Bout time you got off your tushie and made a decent living. ;)