PDA

View Full Version : animal tid bits.....

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-20-2002, 02:58 AM
These are some little animal tid bits that my mom sent me..... just thought that I would share..
1. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs
2. A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.
3. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
4. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
5. And .... turtles can breathe through their butts.

LoudLou
04-20-2002, 03:33 AM
5. And .... turtles can breathe through their butts.

!!!! ROTFL:D :D :D Don't know why I find this SO funny.

Ann
04-20-2002, 04:40 AM
I knew about number 1 before (saved my life once when some cows were chasing me and I ran down a hill so they couldn't follow me) and number 4, but the rest were really interesting, so thanks a lot for sharing! :)

lynnestankard
04-20-2002, 07:31 AM
WOW!!!!

ALL THESE THINGS I DIDN'T KNOW!! AMAZING THANKS SARA:D :D

Lynne

04-20-2002, 07:47 AM
:eek: wish I had known that about those cows last year !!
We were walking in the countryside and made a shortcut by crossing a pasture with some cows ... . We thought they were harmless and would not even notice us !!:confused: :eek:
Me oh my :( ! What a mistake !! As soon as the "chief-cow" spotted us , the whole group came running to us .....:mad: :mad: Never knew I could run that fast ...!!!
If I only had known , we could have jumped into the small river aside the pasture ... this was reachable after descending a descent ....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The situation must have looked quite hilarious for anybody watching ; but believe me , we ran as if our life was at stake ....!;) :p

anna_66
04-20-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky

5. And .... turtles can breathe through their butts. [/B]
This I did not know, sure they aren't just farting thru their buts?!:D Oh, I'm just kidding!!! I'm dumb, I know, but I find it really funny too!:D

AmberLee
04-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
...2. A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why. ...

This is a popular bit of trivia, but a friend who kept ducks and lived near an alleyway assures me it is not true. They got lots of duck echos through the alley -- and lots of complaints about duck echoes, too. Possibly the researcher who came up with this wasn't sufficiently thorough?