PDA

View Full Version : Walk the Line *movie*

slleipnir
03-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? What did you think of it??

I bought it the other day, and watched it for the second time (first time was in theatres). Part of it didn't make sense...The first time it shows "Johnny" doing a show...they introduce it as his new hit "Cry Cry Cry" or something...however, he sings "Get Rhythm", right? Later June shows him the charts in which "Cry Cry Cry" is on...I'm just wondering...cause that song was never sung in the movie...Did I miss something??

Karen
03-03-2006, 02:11 PM
I thought the movie and story was okay, the singing was not. I wondered how they could get anyone to sound like Johnny Cash, and the answer is - they didn't. It was wierd, I wanted to hear the real songs after I saw the movie. And "Ring of Fire" was pretty flat and passionless, compared to other performance I remember of it, even just recordings of it sung by the real people.

Cry, Cry, Cry was probably edited out, and I think they think everyone "knows" it anyway ...

Reese as June did an okay job of the acting, but I found it distracting that it was Reese Witherspoon, because she has been so overexposed in the media, every movie, magize cover, etc., that you couldn't forget it was "Reese playing June," and get into June Carter's character.

It's a sad story, based on reality, it would have been nice to show more of their happiness together.

I thought it was okay, but not fabulous.

Suki Wingy
03-03-2006, 03:45 PM
They left out the part where he crawled into a cave to die and June and her mother came to save him :(

Alysser
03-03-2006, 04:13 PM
I never saw it. Did he have a heart attack or something at the begginning? Sorry, I don't know this. :rolleyes:

finn's mom
03-03-2006, 07:37 PM
I thought the movie was really good...I grew up listening to the Carter family and Johnny Cash, and, I thought the two actors did a spot on job with the singing and the mannerisms. I love the love story between the two of them and I thought they really captured all that they went through together and the deep friendship that inspired the 35-year-long marriage. I loved how it ended, so beautifully and happily...I noticed, too, that he didn't sing "Cry, Cry, Cry." I don't think the movie should win an Oscar, but, I'll watch it more than once more, and, I've seen it twice already. I give it two very enthusiastic thumbs up. :)

slleipnir
03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I actually thought Joaquin Phoenix did a good job playing Johnny Cash. I imagen it would be a hard roll to play. I think he sounded more like Johnny then Reece did as June...

MariaM
03-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I haven't seen it yet but want to...my sister loved it.

My mom's brother (my uncle) was Johnny's doctor.