PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions (about posting pics)

wolf_Q
04-20-2002, 01:46 AM
Ok I have a couple of questions here....probably dumb ones, but oh well. :) What website do you guys use when posting photos? I used to use webshots but it doesn't work anymore, so I need a place where I can post them--not upload, I have to make the file so small, I loose all the detail. Oh, and a free website I hope! Another question....I notice a lot of you have little pics posted to the left under your ID's...how do you do that?

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-20-2002, 01:58 AM
WolfQ,
I use netsnapshot.com It is free.... the only thing is that when you post the pic it is small (like in my signature) or SO HUGE that it takes forever to download, even with DSL. BUT HEY IT IS FREE AND I CAN SHOW MY BABIES OFF. As far as the small pic under your sign on name I am still trying to figure that one out myself.. GOOD LUCK!

sabies
04-20-2002, 03:26 AM
Click on "user cp" above, then click on "edit options" and scroll down to the bottom for the "avatar" section. Upload a picture there, I'm not sure what the size limit is (width and height) but there is one.

Cincy'sMom
04-20-2002, 08:15 AM
I just started using imagestation.com to post pics and so far so good.

As for the size limit on the avatar, I think it is 60x60. To resize, pics on my hard drive, I open my pics in VuePrint, go to File, Resize, change either width or length, and click the box to keep the same ratio. I am sure other applications are similar

wolf_Q
04-21-2002, 01:32 AM
Thanks for your help! As you can see, I've figured it out. Although now my siggy is huge, I should probably make it smaller. ;D

RachelJ
04-21-2002, 07:44 AM
Amy I love your avatar...just perfect for you. And the song by U2 in your signature is so neat. I especially like the lines, *It is not where you were born, but where you belong*. That's how I feel about some of the people I've met here. They are more like my family than my family is.....a lot more.

wolf_Q
04-21-2002, 04:30 PM
Thanks! Well, heh, I'm an obsessed U2 fan hehe. That song is called "Summer Rain" it's a b-side, but I love it. I decided that it's my theme song, lol. Those are the last lines of the song, I just think they are so beautiful. Here's the beginning lines of the song, I love these too. :)

When you stop seeing beauty
You start growing old
The lines on your face
Are a map to your soul
When you stop taking chances
You stay where you sit
You won't live any longer
But it'll feel like it

manda99
04-22-2002, 03:19 PM
just testing to see if my little picture works now...

YAY!! Smokey!