PDA

View Full Version : We

lv4dogs
03-03-2006, 12:08 PM
The group name thread reminded me of this.

I ALWAYS catch myself saying "we" whenever I am refering to myself and events that happen and the like.
Just a few examples: We went, we found out, we thought, etc...

I am refering to myself & the dogs. lol

This confuses so many people. They hear me say that & they are like woah, wait a minute aren't you single & live alone? :p

Does anyone else do this? And do you do it often?

Ginger's Mom
03-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Yes, I do it all of the time. No one ever questions me, everyone knows that we = Ginger and I. ;)

lv4dogs
03-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Yes, I do it all of the time. No one ever questions me, everyone knows that we = Ginger and I. ;)

Well people I know well don't question me, they know what my "we" is. lol But people I don't know well are always confused. lol

elizabethann
03-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I do this all the time. I'll call my sister and say "we're coming over". Or I'll tell someone about my weekend and I'll say "we went hiking". Everybody who knows me knows I'm refering to Fenway. I'm sure they thought it was nuts at first, but now they expect it and they don't think twice about it. But people who don't know me very well must be wondering if I got a new boyfriend or something. It's funny.

Even when I make plans to go over someones house, it's assumed I'll take Fenway. We're best friends. Where I go, he goes and vice versa. People have to tell "don't bring Fenway" or I'll just automatically take him with me.

Non-pet people think this is strange. I think it's normal. :D :)

Miss Z
03-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Yes, i often do it. Especially when i'm talking about my school, for some reason! For example, there was a thread a while back to do with wearing jewellry and make-up and your own clothes at school, and i said something like 'we are not allowed to wear any make-up or jewellry at school and have to wear uniform. Our school is pretty strict on that' Strange! I say that naturally though. Only when i read it again do i realise that it's a bit of a strange habit:rolleyes:

k9krazee
03-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Yup, all the time :D

lizbud
03-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes, I do it all the time. :D

Daisy and Delilah
03-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I sometimes forget who is writing alot of my posts. Is it me or Daisy and Delilah? LOL This is so funny Sue! :D

Flatcoatluver
03-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Well since I am in high school and I talk about "we" people think I am crazy because they know I am talking about my dogs and me. But pet lovers are crazy :p