PDA

View Full Version : 6 March 2005

Pawsitive Thinking
03-03-2006, 04:12 AM
Was the day my darling Dad died. The first anniversary is on Monday so the next few days are going to be a total rollercoaster of emotions as all those memories come flooding back.

I am pleased to say that the visions of his last few years with Parkinson's are starting to be replaced with happier times - my particular favourite is of when I was about 7, curled up on Dad's lap, snuggled into his thick, grey jumper and laughing at Tom and Jerry cartoons together....happy days

I probably won't be around on Monday as I plan to go with the flow on "the day"

Thanks for letting me share

Killearn Kitties
03-03-2006, 04:55 AM
Anniversaries, are difficult aren't they? Particularly the first one. You are right to take some time to yourself on Monday. We'll be here for you when you get back. :)

Daisy and Delilah
03-03-2006, 07:15 AM
My Dad died many many years ago and I will always miss him. My thoughts and prayers are with you sweetie :(

moosmom
03-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Brody's Mom,

They say time heals all, but somehow I think it simply dulls the pain.

I know how difficult it can be around a loved one's anniversary. My Dad died 9 years ago this August and I still feel like I have a hole in my heart. I go by where he used to work (where I may very well be working soon), my eyes start leaking. So many memories, but good ones.

I hope the anniversary goes okay for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Instead of mourning his passing, celebrate his life!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) honey!

lvpets2002
03-03-2006, 09:53 AM
:( Brody's Mom I know it can be a very hard emotional time & it will be a roller coaster with sad & happy thoughts.. When my dad passed away Fathers day & his birthday & year anniversary was always so hard.. But hey girl you stay strong & remember all of the fun happy times with him.. Me & the girls send whisker prayers, headbumps & lots of ((((((((( HUGS )))))))))..

furrykidsmother
03-03-2006, 11:15 AM
I am glad that some of the sadder memories are being replaced with happier ones. It does happen in time. I lost my Dad 20 years ago last August and still that date August 10th, his birthday etc., still make me sad, but the pain does get duller and the good memories stronger. Take the time you need to be by yourself and we will be here when you return. Gentle ((((Hugs)))) to you.

Miss Z
03-03-2006, 11:50 AM
:( Huge (((((HUGS))))) to you. I understand that this is a time which will be emotional and difficult, but please remember that we are always here for you and thinking of you at this time. You're doing the right thing, remembering the good times. I'm sure he would be proud of you.

Laura's Babies
03-03-2006, 11:54 AM
I know what you are going through. The last time I saw my oldest brother alive was on a 4th of July and he died shortely after that... To this day I would rather work on that date rather than celebrate that day and he died in 1994. There is nothing like a Dad, mine died in 90 and I still miss him....

davidpizzica
03-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Brody's mum, I get on the same emotional roller coaster every November 9th. My father passed on that date in 2000. I'm glad you are taking March 6th to reflect and and think about your dad. For the first year after my dad passed, I was really down, and like you're doing now, I started to think about all of the happy memories. I'm sure they're looking down and smiling. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you.

K9karen
03-03-2006, 11:21 PM
My dad passed from Parkinsons in 2002. He was lucky to have survived it for 18 years. He unfortunately had to admitted to a nursing home for the last 1 1/2 years of his life when it became so bad. He was unable to talk or swallow by the end. Please accept my deepest, heartfelt, sympathy. My mom passed in June 2005 and with both of them gone, there's not a day that I don't think of them or kiss their picture. I never thought I'd be an orphan, regardless of my age. You are so right, take one day at a time. Cry when you have to, it's great therapy. It's comforting to have such wonderful memories.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-04-2006, 03:40 PM
My dad passed from Parkinsons in 2002. He was lucky to have survived it for 18 years. He unfortunately had to admitted to a nursing home for the last 1 1/2 years of his life when it became so bad. He was unable to talk or swallow by the end. Please accept my deepest, heartfelt, sympathy. My mom passed in June 2005 and with both of them gone, there's not a day that I don't think of them or kiss their picture. I never thought I'd be an orphan, regardless of my age. You are so right, take one day at a time. Cry when you have to, it's great therapy. It's comforting to have such wonderful memories.

Sadly, this sounds all too familiar...........

Would like to thank you all for being here for me - you are making a difficult time that little bit easier....I know my Dad would be thrilled that I have found such good friends. We never went anywhere without him bumping into someone he knew - even when he was in hospital and the nursing home! It became a running joke between us.....thanks guys - I love you all for being so supportive

moosmom
03-04-2006, 06:02 PM
thanks guys - I love you all for being so supportive

That's what we're here for!

furrykidsmother
03-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and I'm hoping the day isn't to difficult for you. Just try and think the good thoughts of him today. I am sure he is looking down smiling on you!

zippy-kat
03-06-2006, 01:22 PM
{{Thinking of you, today.}}

JenBKR
03-06-2006, 01:35 PM
(((hugs))) and thoughts of you today. I am so glad to hear that you are replacing memories with ones of happier times.

luvofallhorses
03-06-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm so sorry. :( ((hugs))

Pawsitive Thinking
03-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Got through the day!

I found yesterday harder because it was a year ago that I last saw him alive.......however, today has been very mixed- went to the crematorium with my Mum and for the first time since Dad died (and only the second time I can ever remember) she cried...hugged me tight and told me how much she loved me and was proud of me

Played him some John Denver and Jim Reeves (!) and felt he was very close

davidpizzica
03-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Got through the day!

I found yesterday harder because it was a year ago that I last saw him alive.......however, today has been very mixed- went to the crematorium with my Mum and for the first time since Dad died (and only the second time I can ever remember) she cried...hugged me tight and told me how much she loved me and was proud of me

Played him some John Denver and Jim Reeves (!) and felt he was very close
{{{{HUGS}}}}, Denise! I'm glad you made it through two very emotional days. It's always sad to lose a parent, I lost dad in 2000, and mom in 1997. I still feel they're looking down on me.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-06-2006, 04:20 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}}, Denise! I'm glad you made it through two very emotional days. It's always sad to lose a parent, I lost dad in 2000, and mom in 1997. I still feel they're looking down on me.

Hope yours meet up with mine! Am sure they will have a great time together ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-07-2006, 04:53 AM
A lovely photo of my Mum and Dad - look how happy and healthy he is! This is how I want to remember him

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Denise40_0/DadMum.jpg

This is the permanent entry in the book of remembrance - the pages are turned every day

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Denise40_0/Image166.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-07-2006, 05:26 AM
Aw Denise, I didn't see this thread yesterday.... :(
I must be so hard, that first anniversary.... . I am glad you visited him and played his favorite music for him. I am sure he appreciated this a lot!!

I am so scared to loose my parents, as I am very attached to them. My mom is VERY ill and won't live much longer... . She is having her 84th birthday this coming Saturday...

K9karen
03-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Denise, the photo is Wonderful! Your parents are lovely, so attractive! Since the house is now mine (odd and terrifying), I'm redecorating and have decided to make a framed picture wall in the living room. I found forgotten photos, stuffed in boxes, and will enlarge them. One photo was taken at a wedding and mom and I are wrapped tight in a hug. Had a happy/sad sob and headed for the wine bottle! :rolleyes:

Pawsitive Thinking
03-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Denise, the photo is Wonderful! Your parents are lovely, so attractive! Since the house is now mine (odd and terrifying), I'm redecorating and have decided to make a framed picture wall in the living room. I found forgotten photos, stuffed in boxes, and will enlarge them. One photo was taken at a wedding and mom and I are wrapped tight in a hug. Had a happy/sad sob and headed for the wine bottle!

Thank you - its my favourite

Will we get to see your picture wall when its done?