PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all my PT friends, buddies and pals!

Laura's Babies
03-02-2006, 07:01 PM
I want to thank all the people who prayed, offered support and sent cards for my son Eddie during the orderal he has suffered through since May 4th, 2005. The reward for all that is that on Feb. 9th... Eddie went HOME!! Finally discharged from the hospital and sleeping at home in his OWN bed!! Eating at his own table, watching his own TV and resting in his own recliner in the comfort of his own home! That was the day we had been waiting for since the accident happened and it was a long time coming.. Nine months and five days in a hospital is a mighty long time.

All the prayers and support worked it's magic and while it is far from over for him, this was a major accomplishment and wonderful step in his recovery. I wonder if you realize what the prayers and support did in helping this along? I do not think Eddie would be here today without all the prayers and we sure would have went crazy without the support of everyone who was there to see how we were and say, "Hay, we are here if you need us".. That means so much in troubled times, more than you will ever know so we owe all of you a big THANK YOU!

He has at least another 18 months of physical therapy but that is being done close to home. I am sure he is going to have to have more surgeries somewhere down the road to do more repairs and fixes on some things but maybe they will be able to do those closer to home or if not, the hospital stays will be quick. He still has a few burns that have not healed completely but being home, he is not as likely to get infections like he was getting in the hospital and I think his recovery will go twice as fast at home... His wife is not cutting him ANY slack and making him do things for himself and getting themselves back into some resemblance of a normal life. I am SO excited that he is at long last, HOME!!! Thanks to all of you who helped!

carole
03-02-2006, 08:32 PM
I am so thrilled to read this thread about your son Eddie, he has come so far and his courage is amazing , it is wonderful to know that all the support and prayers from PT helped Eddie along, you must be so happy to have him back in his home. He is indeed a very brave person , I wish him well for the future and that the rest of his therapy and recovery goes well, HUGS to everyone. :)

AbbyMom
03-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Good for Eddie for sticking with it when it's so hard.

Good for Regina for sticking with him day and night to be sure everything was done right. Who else was watching out for him?

Stick with it Eddie! Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?

Laura's Babies
03-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Abby Mom, I see that light bright and I think they both do too. Just getting out of that hospital made it a lot brighter.

One of the last times I talked to Regina on the phone, she made a comment to me about my internet friends that sent cards regularly and how those lifted her and Eddie up. I don't know how she would have made it through without the outpouring of support she had from everyone everywhere. She was so afraid they would be forgotten in the long haul of the situation and it really lifted her spirits to see they weren't forgotten.

She did stick right there with him and made sure he was treated right, was very quick and verbal if he wasn't. She didn't care who's toes she stepped on and fought like a tiger when it was needed. I doubt he will ever know how protective she was of him and for him. She lived right there at the hospital with him just about the whole 9 months and I know God will bless her with a special place in heaven for what she has done for Eddie. I told her early into it that if I ever got in bad shape, I wanted HER in charge of MY care! She went far beyond just being a devoted wife and I will love her even more forever for what she has done.

NoahsMommy
03-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Laurie,

That is THE BEST news!!! I'm so glad Eddie is home and on the mend there - with who sounds like an AMAZING wife to help him. :)

Please send them my love. I'm so happy for your family...let the quick healing begin! Everyone has been through a great deal of pain, stress, fear...a lot.

Love & Hugs,
Kelly :)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-03-2006, 05:04 AM
Such wonderful news. I hope Eddie continues to make good progress, his wife sounds like an absolute angel

Daisy and Delilah
03-03-2006, 07:13 AM
That's wonderful news! What a story this is. Such strength and courage your son has had to get this far. Prayers for him and his wife and all the rest of you are still going out from here in Florida. (((((HUGS)))))

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-03-2006, 07:22 AM
OH THAT IS SO WONDERFUL!!!

I'm sure that he is so happy to finally be home. ... and I'm sure he will recover much more quickly in the comfort of his home!!! What great news. It put a big smile on my face for the day! :D

anna_66
03-03-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm very glad to hear he's out of the hospital and doing so well. This is definitely WONDERFUL news!

furrykidsmother
03-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Such wonderful, wonderful news! That is a giant step for him. I know that he will still have many tough days and times ahead, but just being able to go home will help cheer him and with such a wonderful wife by his side he will improve daily!