PDA

View Full Version : Should I let my mom?

animal_rescue
03-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Today at play practice we were going over the choreography of some of the dance moves. Well, I had moved to the front because I'm short and I couldn't see what was going on. So, Brennan(our choreographer) was watching me with a really dirty look on my face(and it was a dramatic dirty look too) and when we were done dancing, she asks me "Are you in the front row?" and I said no, I'm in the back. Well she says " Well, that's a good thing then" Honestly, my mouth dropped open because I was shocked that she would say something like that. This is the same woman that was my speech teacher last semester and I adored her! So I called my mom during our dinner break, we were having a 6 hour practice, and I'm crying on the phone to her about what happened. My friend was telling me I should have said something to her because she does this to people all the time. And when my mom came to the school to pick me up early she stormed into the school ready to tear in Brennan. Now, I didn't let her I just made her take me home but now my mom wants to talk to the principal because earlier today Brennan was talking to my sister and said "Your sister is obsessed with dogs, she needs to stop that" Well, do I let my mom talk to the principal? I'm going to talk to the director of the play, who is also my theatre teacher and I also adore her as well, and see what she has to say about it. My theatre teacher is my mom's friend, so should I just ignore it or let my mom talk to them or talk to my Teacher myself or what.

Lizzie
03-02-2006, 06:59 PM
The same thing happened to me in grammar school (English high school), also with a teacher that I adored and who I thought liked me. You just can't believe what is happening, it's almost like a physical slap across the face, really horrible.

I think, on consideration, it should be your mom who talks. While she is involved on a deeply personal level, she isn't quite as emotionally involved as you are and that puts her in a stronger position. Also, the school needs to take this teacher's personal attacks on you seriously, and a complaint from your mother will stress its seriousness. I think you and your mom should have a talk about what she wants to say, and what you want her to say so that you are both comfortable with what needs to happen.

Don't do what I did and let this teacher's remarks erode your self-confidence. I still have no idea why my teacher did it, but I do now understand that it had nothing to do with me personally.

Roxyluvsme13
03-02-2006, 07:37 PM
HECK YES MEGAN! I think thats honestly Verbal Abuse.

Corinna
03-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Absolulty nothing wrong with being obssesed with dogs if so we all here would be in trouble.
Very wrong and immuture of the teacher to discuss you with any one other that teachers in a convence about you. I do beleive you should go with your mom to the princable and discuss this becouse it is a breach of ethics on the teachers part.

moosmom
03-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Your sister is obsessed with dogs, she needs to stop that

What the hell does THAT have to do with anything?? I would've simply told her that if she wants you to learn the choreography, you need to be up front so you can see what's going on because you're vertically challenged (formal term for short)

I'd go with your Mom and have a little talk with this teacher IN the principal's office. That was totally uncalled for.

icedtea
03-03-2006, 03:02 AM
what a stupid teacher.im thankful theres none like that near me.

i reckon somebody needs to talk to someone.you cant let this blow around like a tumbleweed. well Im not adogperson,but I love chihuahuas, and welli would hate it if someone said i hadto stop loving cats because they said so. idiots!

dab_20
03-04-2006, 10:10 PM
What the hell does THAT have to do with anything?? I would've simply told her that if she wants you to learn the choreography, you need to be up front so you can see what's going on because you're vertically challenged (formal term for short)

I'd go with your Mom and have a little talk with this teacher IN the principal's office. That was totally uncalled for.

I agree... that teacher is very stupid. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. She needs to realize she can't talk like that to ANYONE. That was totally wrong. I think you ahould let your mom talk to the principal definatly. He/she's got a right to know what kind of teacher is teaching at his/her school.

animal_rescue
03-04-2006, 10:28 PM
During play practice today, I told the director. She gave me a hug and told me that sometimes directors get stressed and say stuff without thinking and that they don't really mean. She said the best I can do is roll it off and if I wanted to say sometime to her, I can. She said that most likely the teacher would apologize and probably not even remember she said that to me. So also tell her about the dog comment and she said that she in no way could defend her on that one because the teacher is obsessed with her dog!

Alysser
03-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Well, she sound stupid. I would definatly let your mom talk to her. But what does being obsessed with dogs have to do with anything???