PDA

View Full Version : Serious peeing problem....

catnapper
03-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Somebody has recently begun peeing on my desk and the counters in my office.

At first I thought they peed because they were mad that hubby was feeding them on a narrow ledge, and they were peeing on the ledge because they kept trying to jump up onto the ledge and kept missing -- and kept falling *klunk*. It seems logical that they'd pee on the ledge to show their displeasure at the counter for hurting them. I got hubby to stop feeding them there and there have not been any more incidents on that ledge. But now it seeems someone has moved to my desk - they just peed on my monthly bank statement. :eek: Yeah, I feel that way about financial matters too.... but to take such action? ;)

In addition to that, someone peed on the kitchen counter a few weeks ago. I've NEVER seen ANY of them on the kitchen counter. They have no interest up there.

~I can easily rule out Flutter - she can't jump up onto the high counters.
~Pouncer is peeing properly and I can tell he's 100% better now. I already intend on taking him for a recheck as soon as I have a spare $100- perhaps next week, since I have to pick up a bag of his prescription food next week anyway.
~Allen has a history of peeing in laundry baskets -- could he have simply moved on to countertops now?
~Abby & Harry were the ones falling while trying to jump onto the narrow ledge. But I see them use the litterboxes just as they should.

A friend in the rescue suggested someone is peeing because they are mad someone else got to be fed separately -- almost like a place of honor -- from everyone else. Perhaps?

I am very tolerant of peeing issues, especially if its somehow my fault (like they are unhappy with the state of their litterbox) or if they are sick. I am not going to blame anybody for being a brat just yet. But this is getting to be a habit and I need to get to the bottom of it.

catmandu
03-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Shemp has had a bit of a peeing problem,and I think thats its due to the fact that hes not a Tubby2 fan.
If I put the Tubster in the Cellar,hes fine but Tubby 2 doesnt want to stay in the Cellar 24/7.

I give Shemp extra attention,and hope taht helps.
I hope you can do the same with your Peeer.

AlleyCat
03-02-2006, 11:23 AM
they just peed on my monthly bank statement. :eek: Yeah, I feel that way about financial matters too.... but to take such action? ;) LOL !! Well said! :)

Aside from that, I can relate and sympathize with you. My dear Onyx frustrates the h*ll out of me sometimes. She goes through cycles of peeing anywhere and then stops for a long while, it goes on over and over again. I absolutely can't find a reason for it (although I think it all started with an initial bladder infection which we treated and I think subconsciously her having accidents anywhere at that time made her think it was okay to go anywhere, anytime.) But why it's inconsistent, I don't know. I have gotten into the habit of picking her up every few hours and taking her to the litterbox just so she doesn't have accidents in between. And I think when I do that often enough the problem stops, then I stop too. And after a while it starts again. So goes the cycle.

Craftlady
03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
If you have a video camera, set it up and wait to see who is peeing.
I'm sure in short time you'd find the culpirt.

catnapper
03-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Well, Pouncer now has a vet appointment for next Friday morning.

I am almost certain its not Harry -- that boy can PEE and I often HEAR him in the box. He's like a river, and makes quite the noise when he pees :rolleyes: The spotsw on the counter were fairly small.

PLEASE pray its not Pouncer! Though he does seem to be the obvious culprit at the moment.

jenluckenbach
03-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Didn't you mention having houseguests? And people sneeking in and out at all hours? Your cats may be picking up on some stess.

I just hope you can figure our WHO? That is always the hardest problem.