PDA

View Full Version : Epilepsy in my Conan....:(

conans_in_heaven
03-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Has anyone owned a dog that died of epilepsy? I did.his name was conan and he was a german shepherd here is a pic.its not very good though..it is a picture of his picture (if u know what i meen):
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/photogeek111/conan.jpg

I'm still waiting for him to walk into the door, as if he just went for a walk. I know he is in a better place but i wish he was still here.

He sleped at the end of my bed and protected me! I miss him, but we have many things to remember about him:
How he growled at his food
jumped all over his daddy when he got home from work
Raced around the house when he was happy
Ran to get the leash and jumped around when he heard the word "walk"

There is so many more too!

I miss him! :(

elizabethann
03-01-2006, 01:48 PM
I've never owned a dog that had that condition. I'm very sorry for your loss. Your dog was so beautiful.

conans_in_heaven
03-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Thanks...he was beautiful...II loved him! And i still do!

chocolatepuppy
03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm sorry about Conan, he was a gorgeous pup. It is so hard to lose our furbabies. I'm sure you have many beautiful memories of him.

cyber-sibes
03-01-2006, 10:59 PM
MY mother had a little dog that had epilepsy. It was pretty scarey when she had seizures, I'm not sure what she died of though, and my mom died ten years ago, so I can't ask her.
Conan sounds like a nice dog.

4 Dog Mother
03-02-2006, 10:20 AM
My dog Snoopy has seizures and since they haven't discovered a cause, I guess it is epilepsy. How old was Conan when he died? Did he take medicine for his epilepsy?

Conan was a beautful dog. I have always loved German Shepherds. Truly sorry for your loss.

conans_in_heaven
03-02-2006, 11:26 AM
My dog Snoopy has seizures and since they haven't discovered a cause, I guess it is epilepsy. How old was Conan when he died? Did he take medicine for his epilepsy?

Conan was a beautful dog. I have always loved German Shepherds. Truly sorry for your loss.
He did take medicine for 2 months, but then it just flat out quit!
He died aug. 10 at the age of 2, he was going to be 3 on sept. 28!
The vet could not find the cause to his seizures, he thought it was epilepsy.
Now yeaterday my vet told be because he had SO many (about 25 a night!)
It could have been a brain tumor! Man, i still wish we could have saved him! :(