PDA

View Full Version : Foot trouble - advice?

Miss Z
03-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Well, my right foot is acting very weird today. A couple of minutes ago, i was just walking around in my room picking up stuff when pain shot up my leg because my foot made a crack sound. I could not put any weight on it at all, so i sat down for a minute and moved my foot around, it kept making that horrible cracking sound all the time. I tried to stand up again, but it really hurt. After another minute though, it seemed to go back into position and didn't hurt anymore. Weird!

I think i did something to it yesterday whilst trampolining at school. Maybe i was too ambitious, but i was doing a seat-drop swivvel-hips thing where you do a seat drop, then turn in the air and do another seat drop without bouncing in between. Well, when i did that, i was a little off balance, and when i jumped up again into the normal position i did sort of twist my foot slightly, but i've done that before and it's never usually troubled me. I felt it crack again this afternoon whilst i was warming up for the netball match, but it went away again pretty quick. In fact, i've been in the wars today, a ball to the face in netball has given me a bust lip (but thankfully on the inside so it's not too swollen - i think!), i got a huge scratch on my shin when i pulled my bag up in the car and caught the zip, and now i might walk with a hobble. I bet i look a right terrifying thug to others! Ah well, i'll cope, being a lancashire lass and all:p

Is there anyhting i should do, like walk slow and keep my foot warm and stuff? I thought about seeing a doctor but i don't think there's really much he could do, and after all, it might not come back again. It would be embarrassing though if i have to limp tomorrow on the school trip!!!!

RedHedd
03-01-2006, 02:12 PM
When in doubt, remember RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

Karen
03-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Yup - keep it elevated tonight, and just keep an eye on it to make sure it's not too black-and-blue or swollen. Wrap it tight with an ace bandage tomorrow for support while you're on your trip, you don;t want to exacerbate any damage!

Miss Z
03-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the advice, it just went a little painful again when i came out the shower. It isn't swollen or bruised, but i will certainly rest it. The perfect excuse to get out of room tidying and washng up!!!!:D

Alysser
03-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Yup - keep it elevated tonight, and just keep an eye on it to make sure it's not too black-and-blue or swollen. Wrap it tight with an ace bandage tomorrow for support while you're on your trip, you don;t want to exacerbate any damage!

Agreed! :D Zara, I hope you feel better!

Daisy and Delilah
03-01-2006, 09:11 PM
WOW!!!! What a day you've had! Take it easy at home for a bit ;) It's much safer. I hope your foot gets better! :)