PDA

View Full Version : Its Girl Scout Cookie Time!

catnapper
03-01-2006, 08:21 AM
I just sat down to a delicious breakfast of Girl Scout cookies -- the Caramel Delights. Such a wholesome breakfast ;)

I have a box of shortbread calling my name as an afternoon snack.

Woohoo! Everyone go grab some COOKIES!!!!

Whats your favorite girlscout cookie?

anna_66
03-01-2006, 08:27 AM
I love them all! Not sure I could pick ONE favorite, how about two? Samoas and Thin Mints:D

caseysmom
03-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Shortbread hands down favorite.

AlleyCat
03-01-2006, 10:46 AM
omg ! Mine haven't arrived yet !! What, you have yours ???!!!! :D
My favorite is the carmel delites - I have been known to eat an entire box in one afternoon. Of course that evening I usually don't feel so great, I wonder why :rolleyes:
But they're so yummy, who can resist ???

Corinna
03-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Ours haven't arrived yet But I can never decide so I get one of each. When daughter was in the program hubby bought a case of each they freeze great.

finn's mom
03-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Samoas, although I think they're called Caramel Delites or something like that now. Gotta be PC. :rolleyes: But, whatever the heck they're called now, they're still wonderful! I like the thin mints a lot, too. Especially frozen, yummy!

kuhio98
03-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Man! No one has even approached us about buying cookies this year. Guess I'll have to make some calls..... The only ones we eat are the chocolate mint ones. YUM!

Muddy4paws
03-01-2006, 11:14 AM
thats real? I thought that only happened in films :rolleyes: :o :D

caseysmom
03-01-2006, 11:28 AM
They are still called somoas here, I cant stand those but my kids love them.

JenBKR
03-01-2006, 11:48 AM
yummy I love girl scout cookies! I like samoas and those new ones, cafe or something they're called. I like tagalongs too, but they are better homemade (they're really easy to make and oh so yummy!)

thats real? I thought that only happened in films

You thought what only happened in films?

Ginger's Mom
03-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Do you mean they don't have Girl Scout cookies in England? I thought the Girl Scouts were a worldwide organization. Well then, my sympathy to all our European friends, you don't know what you are missing. :D I'll take another box of the Thin Mints and another box of the Peanut Butter Patties (Tagalongs), please.

Samantha Puppy
03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Samoas, Thin Mints and Trefoils.

Edwina's Secretary
03-01-2006, 12:24 PM
I hope you are happy! Reading this drove me to the kitchen for an "All About" GSA cookie!

ps..or two.... :D

Vermontcat
03-01-2006, 12:52 PM
I have lots of them here, waiting to be delivered since my daughter is a Girl Scout.
For those of you who don't know the flavors, here is a link.
Girl Scout Cookies (http://www.girlscoutcookiesabc.com/atc/default.asp)
As far as I know, they are just available in the USA.

sirrahbed
03-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Samoas, Thin Mints and Trefoils.

Exactly!!! Hubby always loves the Trefoils bets. My two favorites are the Samoas and Thin Mints. I also ordered whatever is new this year. They have not been delivered yet but must be about time. :)

finn's mom
03-01-2006, 01:39 PM
They are still called somoas here, I cant stand those but my kids love them.

Hmmm...I guess maybe it's a regional thing? Not sure...

anna_66
03-01-2006, 01:47 PM
It must differ in different areas of the country because they are still called Samoas here and we also have Lemon Coolers (also yummy:D). These are the only ones available in our area...
http://www.sealofohio.org/images/cookies%2006/Its_Cookie_Time.pdf

MariaM
03-01-2006, 02:44 PM
There have never been girl scout cookies here. :(

Karen
03-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Paul loves the S'mores - now called Carmel Delights in this area. It just depends on which bakery your girl scout troop buys from, there a couple different ones.

I like the Thin Mints, and the shortbreads best, I have this year's box of Thin Mints in the freezer, and have eaten some of the shortbreads - best on a cool afternoon with a cup of hot tea.

Our girl scouts didn't offer the Animal Treasures this year, which was disappointing. My niece is a girl scout, so we buy from her.

Jessika
03-01-2006, 02:50 PM
What!! I want some thin mints!! My mom ordered some from my cousin but I don't know if they're in yet! Now I REALLY want some, thanks a lot! :P

Vela
03-01-2006, 02:57 PM
I love them all! Not sure I could pick ONE favorite, how about two? Samoas and Thin Mints:D

I'm with you on that one. The only two I love are those.

Uabassoon
03-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Samoas are my favorite followed by Trefoils. I didn't order any cookies this year, but usually the girl scouts will sit in front of the grocery store selling boxes. I guess I'll make a trip to the store this weekend and see if they are there.

k9krazee
03-01-2006, 03:29 PM
We haven't gotten ours yet :( But I LOVE frozen Thin Mints, Lemon coolers and my favorite are Tagalongs!!

cyber-sibes
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
*** :eek: ***MUST HAVE THIN MINTS*** :eek: ***MUST HAVE THIN MINTS**** :eek: ***MUST HAVE THIN MINTS**** :eek: *****MUST HAVE THIN MINTS****** :eek: *******MUST HAVE THIN MINTS****** :eek: ****
Hubby brought home some thin- mint- cookie- special- edition- ice cream last night, and I'm ashamed to say how much of it I ate! mmmmmmmm :D

I_luv_rusty
03-01-2006, 03:57 PM
My favorite are Tagolongs. My cookies haven't arrived yet :( I use to be a Girl Scout last year lol.

smokey the elder
03-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Girl Scout Cookies (makes Homer Simpson gurgling noise)! I love the Thin Mints, the Trefoils and the apple ones (I forget the name.)

I usually buy them off co-workers' kids. The different troops sell them at different times. When I was growing up, the Girl Scouts would go door to door with the case of cookies. Not any more.

Kfamr
03-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Thin Mint are my #1 favorite. I LOVE anything minty.
I have a few left in the freezer (I ONLY like them if kept in the freezer.)

Tagalongs & Samoas are in second place together.

My sister bought some of the Cafe Cookies... I didn't like em at all!

Out of all the cookie icecream... the samoa kind is to die for. :o

Alysser
03-01-2006, 05:17 PM
My mom doesn't order them! :mad: LOVE them all 'cept the mints.

chocolatepuppy
03-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Peanut butter sandwich cookies are my favorite. :D

Almita
03-01-2006, 07:44 PM
yay! I love Girl Scout cookies and i'm a girl scout myself I was one since a daisy and now a 2-year cadette! I love the Samoas and they are still called samoas over here and I like the thin mints also.

jackie
03-02-2006, 09:22 AM
When I was home in Vancouver for Christmas, I bought a whola case of Girl Guide cookies. They are delish! :D

finn's mom
03-02-2006, 10:05 AM
aha. I found this online...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caramel_deLites

Samoas or Caramel deLites: These consist of a circular vanilla cookie about 2inch in diameter with a small hole in the center, covered in caramel and toasted coconut and then striped with chocolate. This is one of the only cookies in the group that has differences depending on the bakery. The reason there are two names is because while similar, the cookies have some differences. Samoas are circular, with an orange colour and are thicker from top to bottom, usually they also contain more caramel per coconut. While, the Caramel deLites are actually hexagonal, with a more yellowish tinge, and a more of the biscuit comes through in the flavour because of the lower caramel content. Overall they are both very popular, and most people never notice the differences.

Yay, I'm so glad it wasn't a stupid PC thing...hahahaha...I don't remember where I first saw the cookies and they were called caramel delites...but, I'm glad now to know they're actually slightly different. And, I'm not going crazy that there are actually two names. :)

christa
03-02-2006, 10:20 AM
I don't know any girl scouts this year so I guess I'll have to make a trip to the mall :)

My favs are the animal cookies that are dipped in chocolate on the backs. Yum! I try to only get 2 boxes a year though. And try to just eat one box and keep a box in the freezer for as long as possible. LOL Hard to do though! :D

lisalee
03-02-2006, 12:11 PM
I really need to get myself some girl scout cookies, they are so delicious! :D My favs are peanut butter sandwich and thin mints. The low fat lemons are not too bad either.

Muddy4paws
03-02-2006, 12:11 PM
yummy I love girl scout cookies! I like samoas and those new ones, cafe or something they're called. I like tagalongs too, but they are better homemade (they're really easy to make and oh so yummy!)

You thought what only happened in films?

I thought the whole girl scout cookie selling wasnt real, do they make them theirselves?

finn's mom
03-02-2006, 12:49 PM
I thought the whole girl scout cookie selling wasnt real, do they make them theirselves?

The girl scouts themselves don't...but, the organization has bakeries and that's where they're made. But, yeah, the girl scouts themselves sell the cookies. :)

Corinna
03-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Got the call today mine will be here tomorrow.Yippeee

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-02-2006, 03:12 PM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20953%20crying.gif No girl Scout Cookies here either :( http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20953%20crying.gif

From our period in the USA ('83), I still remember those delicious cookies! Our friends daughter Erica was a girl scout and was proud she sold cookies to somebody all the way from Belgium!!
Oh no.... I want Girl Scout cookies http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20953%20crying.gif , NOW !!!!!!!!!!

Almita
03-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Thats weird that every state has different names for cookies and/or different cookies liike I have never seen the animal cookies dipped in chocolate and when we are selling them some people ask for them and I've heard of them. Over here in AZ we have Samoas, Thin Mints, Tagalongs, Cafe Cookies, Do-si-dos, Lemon Coolers, and Trefoils.

Suki Wingy
03-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Caramel deLights! :D I like all of the rest too but I hate thin mints

lvpets2002
03-03-2006, 04:20 PM
:) In fact just bought a box over the weekend of my favorite Thin Mints..

jackie
03-03-2006, 04:32 PM
:( I had my last box of girl guide cookies all wrapped up in the back of my closet, now they are all gone!!! :(

Why did I click on this thread. :eek:

dogzr#1
03-03-2006, 08:05 PM
My favorites are Samoas and Lemon Coolers. I LOVE Samoas. I don't think a girl scout cookie can beat them.

luvofallhorses
03-04-2006, 12:02 AM
I am a volunteer for girl scouts and I love the thin mints..:D I am going to buy a couple boxes this week. :)

Fear_Nuclear
03-04-2006, 01:28 AM
I had a box of those Amazing Tagalongs! They were Amazing to but there is no more! What to do??? :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-04-2006, 01:59 AM
One of my co-workers daughters is a girl scout so he brings in her order form to work every year. I've bought them from him for the last 3 years.:) My favorites are the caramel delites and the peanut butter patties which most of you have been calling tagalongs. I've never heard them called by this name. I also liked a new cookie that came out last year and I think it was called iced raspberry but it's not available any more.

RobiLee
03-04-2006, 06:44 AM
Thin Mints!! Gotta have those Thin Mints!! :p

Uabassoon
03-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I finally got my Samoas! Yummy :D