PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats eat anything "weird" (ie:not cat food)??

Lachesis
04-19-2002, 12:25 PM
I really need to vacuum... Some how someone (*cough cough* could have been me) dropped one of those "mini-wheats" on the floor and apparently one of the cats got ahold of it and shreaded it LOL. And then ate most of it!
Of course last night Pepper was eating spinich leaves and Max was eating raw potatoes. They played with it more then anything... but they did eat some of it. (Pepper ate more of the spinich then Max did of the potatoes).
Do your cats eat anything "weird" (ie:not cat food).

Former User
04-19-2002, 02:25 PM
Casper=hoover. :rolleyes: Anything goes that he can get his paws to... The other day I dropped a piece of hard spaghetti on the floor and Casper the hoover came and ate it. Didn't look too happy, but he just had to eat it anyway:rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
Casper=hoover. :rolleyes

LOL Tubby too. And it's more like he inhales it, really like a hoover. :D

My mom's cat (ragdoll) could care less about any human food, except for musk melons. The instant she sticks the knife in one to cut it he's there. He could be sound asleep (usually) in the other room, but the second that knife breaks the skin of the melon, he's there. He will sit and beg and put up a big fuss until she gives him some. Hamburger - no. Chicken - no. Sliced turkey - who cares. But boy-o-boy that musk melon is a treat! :D

LoudLou
04-19-2002, 04:13 PM
Mocha Loves CHEESE. Bozo loves pudding, yogurt and TURKEY.:D

Randi
04-19-2002, 04:32 PM
Fister will eat corn (boiled) - he will actually eat anything that is rolling on the floor, loves to "catch" his own "prey" LOL!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-19-2002, 08:28 PM
Luke loves grapes and black olives and mashed potatoes. Not at the same time!
Chester loves grapes and hard uncooked noodles...go figure?
Leonardo loves bread and butter.
Leroy loves anything that he can eat that doesn't eat him first.:rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2002, 11:55 PM
All of my cats love rice pudding. Storm likes cheese, doritos, butter, icecream, bagels, donuts, hamburger, chicken and probably a lot more. Sunny also likes yogurt.

yorkster
04-20-2002, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
[B][B] Casper=hoover. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D that Casper..........he's funny!!!

okay, Wylie will not eat any people food except for graham-crackers and granola bars. He will not even eat nibbles of chicken or fish we try and give him--looks at us like "you've got to be kidding!" :rolleyes:

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-20-2002, 12:58 AM
BUGS !!!!! :eek:
Tinky LOOOOOVES to eat bugs............
The other night there was one of those BIG mosquitoes in the house and Tinky was right on it chirpping at it, she was sitting on the back of the couch watching it and when it came down a little she jumped up and caught it against the wall and looked at me like what now? THEN SHE ATE IT !!!! I mean I know cats eat bugs and all but UUUGGHGHGHG........ AND A SPIDER BETTER NOT DARE WALK THROUGH OUR HOUSE..... I just don't see why she eats bugs when we give her treats and good food!!!:rolleyes:

lynnestankard
04-20-2002, 08:22 AM
Between the three stooges they like - tomato soup - bugs - yoghurt - bugs - bananas - bugs - any leftover gravy - bugs - dog food , they adore it!!(when Elizabeth's dog is here!!) - bugs - chicken - you know normal furkid fare!!! Oh none of them like tuna fish - that surprises me!:eek:

Lynne

Heather Wallace
04-20-2002, 09:13 AM
Tatty Bogles will eat anything really, I hate when he eats insects, it's disguisting to watch.

Mocha
04-20-2002, 10:15 AM
Gawd Pippo caught a lizard the other day and was walking around with alf of it hanging outta his mouth!!! GROSS!! And i was too squeamish to take it away and I tried to yell at him to drop it but he just went under the couch...and came out licking his lips after that. Yuck. it STILL sends shivers down my spine thinking about it.

Lachesis
04-20-2002, 12:43 PM
http://www.ublondes.net/smilies//Puke-a-rama.gif

04-20-2002, 01:51 PM
Sydney also loves bugs Tinky !!!! He jumps up to catch them , plays with them for a while and then eats them !!!! Vomiting follows within 10 minutes ......
He also adores a lick of margarine !!!!:p :p :p
Silly Sydney

maxx's mom
04-20-2002, 05:23 PM
Bugs! Anything that moves, including spiders. We have these "wood bugs" here that roll up into a perfect ball when threatened and they have an armour-like shell. It's hilarious to watch Maxx try to figure it out! She also loves tuna and cheddar cheese. If I open a can of tuna, she comes running and meowing from anywhere in the house! She also likes salad dressing, but that is a rare treat.

tuxluvr
04-20-2002, 09:12 PM
Ritz catches flies (often in mid flight) and eats them (blech--but we have had very few flies in the house since she came to live with us);) ...she also chases and catches ladybugs, but doesn't eat them....she will go after the errant wasp that gets into the house, but I'm always on alert to get those before she does, because I dont' want her to be stung.

rg_girlca
04-21-2002, 10:26 PM
My Captain (deceased) would just love his chocolate milk. Whenever he would hear one of the kids or myself making chocolate milk he would come a runnin for it.
C-Fer (deceased) would love to eat potatoe chips, as long as they were Lays and my Katie girl loves her vanilla ice cream.