PDA

View Full Version : Jeans that really fit body shapes???

sirrahbed
02-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Yesterday I did something I have been meaning to do....I have never been able to find a pair of jeans that fit properly. I am pear shaped and the waist is always so large on me. I was watching on of those makeover shows and the person said that if jeans don't fit properly....alter them! So I did....took apart the back seam and took in the waist, then took more in at two places in front. Now, I have a terrific pair of jeans that FIT!!

It sure would be nice if manufacturers would make some jeans for curves. I have tried on so many brands that are made for "curvy" or "women" but they seem to be cut for women that are large in the torso - and I am very small at the waist.... a typical PEAR rather than an APPLE.

Any suggestions on brands and what body types they fit the best??? So far, the closest pair to fit my body type are Faded Glory Bootcut for Women at WallyWorld. This is rather nice because they are only about $20 a pair so I don't mind cutting into them :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
02-28-2006, 07:08 AM
There is no such thing as a pair of jeans that fit. I am totally convinced of that, so I can't help you!

catnapper
02-28-2006, 07:33 AM
I gave up on jeans years ago. I have a large tummy & no butt. Every pair that feels comfortable at the waist leaves me looking like I have a loaded diaper from behind. It just sags and usually ends up inches below where it belongs. If I hike that up to feel comfortable, the "waist" ends up just below my bra line :rolleyes:

christa
02-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Deb, it's great to have a pair of jeans that you love. I LOVE jeans! I don't know why but I have an obsession with them, LOL. I'm glad you were able to make yours fit your body! That's awesome! You're a talented gal! That's really what it takes! If you knew the truth, that's what the *rich & famous* do (according to the show "What Not to Wear" . . . LOL) . . . They always say if you want your clothes to fit, it might be worth taking them to a seamstress. Maybe you should start a business!!! ;)

I know that a lower rise makes your waist look smaller. I also know that larger back pockets makes your butt look smaller. :eek:

BTW, Deb, do you have a Value City nearby? They always have tons of jeans that are super cheap! You could really find some good deals in there! I live in American Eagle jeans and I just LOVE when I can find them in Value City for half the price of what they are in the mall! They always have great stuff though. All different brands! :D

mruffruff
02-28-2006, 08:31 AM
I finally settled for Wal-Mart's stretch jeans. They call them leggings. They come in petite and average, with 16 being the smallest size. They give me a little extra tummy room even though I really take a 14. They only cost around $16 and even have pockets.

Ordinary jeans only fit ordinary people. I've never been ordinary! (Just ornery)

Ally Cat's Mommy
02-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Debbie,

I am dying to try out www.makeyourownjeans.com. They custom make jeans to your unique measurements. Most of their jeans cost under $40.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-28-2006, 09:17 AM
I love jeans too! For many years, I couldn't buy any, because of my "belly" :rolleyes: . Last year I found a shop where they have legging in jeans fabric; WONDERFUL !!! :)

jazzcat
02-28-2006, 09:26 AM
I basically live in jeans and have a horrible time finding ones that fit well. Since I've lost weight I've had luck with Levi's but they are the "fit below the natural waist line" and gape open in the back when I sit down. I wish I new how to make alterations to take them in.

Catnapper - I have that problem with pants looking like a loaded diaper because as my mother used to tell me I suffer from noassatall disease. :D ;) I seriously think I need butt implants - I'm so flat I bruise myself sitting on wooden chairs. I'm not kidding! Richard won't let me sit on his lap because my bones stick through and hurt him. I have no butt! Flat as a pancake!

moosmom
02-28-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm built like you Deb. But "Jeans that fit body shapes"????? Now THAT'S an oxymoron.

The best jeans that fit me are Bill Blass. I've tried every brand of jeans out there and always have the same problem. They fit great in the butt, but I could have a party in the waist.

caseysmom
02-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I like gloria vanderbuilts classic stretch, I get them at penneys.

christa
02-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Catnapper - I have that problem with pants looking like a loaded diaper because as my mother used to tell me I suffer from noassatall disease. :D ;) I seriously think I need butt implants - I'm so flat I bruise myself sitting on wooden chairs. I'm not kidding! Richard won't let me sit on his lap because my bones stick through and hurt him. I have no butt! Flat as a pancake!

Okay Miss Lori . . . since I KNOW you'll be hitting the gym hard again soon ;) . . . you want a butt??? SQUAT SQUAT SQUAT!!!

I've been squatting the barbell and it's been KILLING my backside but I know it's going to pay off in the long run! ;) You can use dumbbells if the barbell is too much at first. That's how I started.

dab_20
02-28-2006, 10:31 AM
I know what you mean. I've got a small butt and a bigger tummy. So everything is too tight and the waist and too big at the butt.*Grr*

Miss Z
02-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Same here, i constantly have to wear belts with jeans on account of being too THIN!!!! The waist sizes are being made wider and wider these days, and i have to have long ones as i am tall but i could fit about 3 of me in the waist. Shopping for trousers is a nightmare!

jazzcat
02-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Okay Miss Lori . . . since I KNOW you'll be hitting the gym hard again soon ;) . . . you want a butt??? SQUAT SQUAT SQUAT!!!

I've been squatting the barbell and it's been KILLING my backside but I know it's going to pay off in the long run! ;) You can use dumbbells if the barbell is too much at first. That's how I started.
Squats huh? Guess I need to do that regularly if it will really help.
BTW, I'm back at the gym full time now - thank goodness!

christa
02-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Squats huh? Guess I need to do that regularly if it will really help.
BTW, I'm back at the gym full time now - thank goodness!

Oh yes, it will help. Squats aren't just for the legs. It will definitely firm your backside, LOL. Combine squats with the cardio that you're doing and you never know what you'll find back there! ;) :eek: :D :p

Glad you're back in the gym full time now, Lori! That's great news! I think you'll get to feeling much better now! Just keep it up! ;)

Husky_mom
02-28-2006, 03:24 PM
why do we have so much trouble with jeans???....... the y always seem to be big on the waist or too baggy on the butt, i hate when you sit and the back side makes a triangle thingy so you undies show, so whenever i try jeans i always do regular moves in fornt of the mirror to see if this happens, if you ever see me you´ll think what a crazy lady :p :D ......

i also recently bought gloria vanderbilt´s they are fine but not great, i almost feel the ones that fit better are the more inexpensive ones, why pay $100 for a jean that doesnt fit right??........

but my all time favorite and the ones that really fit me and make your behind look good ;) are Levis MEN jeans, yes MEN jeans i find their cut more proper and fitting and comfortable than ladies jeans so if this helps next time try out some men jeans instead ;) .....................

G535
03-03-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm too short for mens' jeans but I find boys' jeans fit great.

Off course you all know that jeans are designed by men to fit the body shapes that "they" like! :)

RedHedd
03-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Being petite it's difficult to find jeans that I don't have to cut at least a foot of fabric off of! I've had the best luck ordering online from Newport News or Victoria's Secret London jeans. Their petite stretch jeans fit PERFECTLY.

Also Lerner's catalog has bootcut leggings in petite which I also love - comfortable and they fit me perfectly.

Laura's Babies
03-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I find Goodwill, Salvation Army and stores like that sell the best fitting jeans for me. I don't have to worry about how they are going to fit AFTER I have washed them... I am NOT kidding... Every pair I have I got at one of those stores and I have not had a minutes problem with any of them because they are really already prewashed and preshrunk! (and I CAN afford to go in ANY store in ANY mall and buy any jeans I want!)

dogzr#1
03-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I have trouble finding jeans that fit because I need them small at the waist and long. I also don't have much of a butt. My mom doesn't like me to sit on her lap because my butt is really bony. Most of my jeans turn into capris within a few weeks of me buying them. sorry i'm not much help in the area of shopping for jeans.

Chica
03-03-2006, 06:49 PM
I buy my jeans at Landsend. They are stretch jeans and are comfortable. :)